DESIGN STUDIO MANAGER | OPERATIONS
Knots Rugs is a London based rug company founded by MD Bonnie Sutton, with its roots spanning 3 generations. Recognised internationally for their individual style, unique colouration and commitment to a high art aesthetic, they create statement pieces and classic timeless collections. They are recent winners of the Best Modern Design Deluxe Award at the Carpet Design awards 2024.
Knots Rugs is seeking a full time Studio Manager to oversee all aspects of the day to day running of the studio operations, including sample management, monitoring stock levels, organising shipping, customer service, show organising, event planning and co-ordination and scheduling meetings with trade clients. You will be working closely with the creative director of Knots.
You must be comfortable and familiar working with a small, close knight team with an intuitive understanding of what the role entails, how to think on your feet, be highly focused and meticulous in record keeping, doing whatever is needed to help in the day to day running of the company.
• Overseeing sales orders for both Trade and Retail
• Updating sample spreadsheets
• Responsible for organising shipping in the UK and Internationally
• Have an understanding of international import and export regulations.
• Maintaining stock lists, active input into when stock and samples need to be replenished.
• Booking supplier meetings with Trade Contacts
• Providing customer service and after sales support.
• Keeping price lists up to date.
• Assisting in marketing plans for Instagram and Email marketing
• Organise company trade shows and showroom events.
• Assisting with photoshoots
• Update website with stock information and new collections.
• Maintain showroom and design studio office.
• Experience and Qualifications
• Experience working in a small business.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively.
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Must have a good command of both spoken and written English.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft office
• Able to create, maintain and update spread sheets.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
If you want to be part of an exciting, creative company at a time of growth both in the UK and internationally, please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com