Knots Rugs is a London based rug company founded by MD Bonnie Sutton, with its roots spanning 3 generations. Recognised internationally for their individual style, unique colouration and commitment to a high art aesthetic, they create statement pieces and classic timeless collections. They are recent winners of the Best Modern Design Deluxe Award at the Carpet Design awards 2024.
Knots Rugs are seeking a senior rug/textile designer to work alongside creative director on high end, luxury projects, working with all major interior design houses in UK and internationally, developing collections, working with artists on collaborations, customising existing collections. Must be experienced in the hand knotted rug industry, with exceptional understanding of use of colour and design development.
This is a full-time, on-site role. You will be responsible for creating and developing new products, driving innovation and creative solutions, and ensuring projects are delivered on time and to a high-quality standard. You will also be responsible for promoting the Knots Rugs brand and products to clients and building strong relationships.
Experience and Qualifications
• Experience designing and developing rugs and other textiles.
• Strong knowledge of design principles, colour theory and trends
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to comprehend patterns in repeat, scale and colour.
• Ability to lead projects from inception to delivery.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively.
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in design, textiles, or related field.
• 5+ years’ experience in a Senior Design role.
• A portfolio showcasing previous work, designs, and concepts.
• Custom and bespoke rug designing for projects.
• Working with artist on collaborations.
• Working with production to translate artists rugs.
• Creating in house designs and new collections.
• Experimenting and innovating with different designs and materials.
• Working with interior designers and retail customers helping realise their projects and schemes.
• Working with US dealers on custom projects
• Helping with design and Trade shows both in UK and internationally
• Assisting with curating photoshoots, constantly developing and growing the look and branding of the company
Being part of small team brings a certain amount of diversity within the role, you must be comfortable helping in all aspects of the business and becoming an integral part of the team, comfortable overseeing projects and developing commercial opportunities. You must be highly organised and able to work on multiple projects at same time.
• Excellent knowledge of design software and tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
• Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel)
• Photo editing skills preferred.
• Experience of AutoCAD an advantage.
• Must have a good command of both spoken and written English.
• Familiarity with social media a bonus
Role is Full time Monday to Friday 10am - 6pm
If you want to be part of an exciting, creative company at a time of growth both in the UK and internationally, please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com